A day to shine
with award boasts
since one’s now mine
for my blog posts
They're painful though
Navin said so
when he picked me
(C) Stephen W. Buchanan 2020
Originally published advertising free at “If You Haven’t Got A Sonnet”
Thank you, Navin, for thinking my site worthy of a Sunshine Blogger Award! That is very generous of you. I appreciate your honesty when you let me know about the award and said – “I “enjoy” (sometimes they’re painful) reading your writings.” If I ever publish a collection of my ha’sonnets that quote will be on the back cover. 🙂
But that honesty is fitting with how you write and present your wonderful “Self realization, experiences & expressions and some other dimensions” through poetry on your site Navin’s Poetry. Always worthwhile reading your posts.
Now the hard part. The award has rules to follow, and if I don’t follow them within fourteen days bad things will happen to me. I apologize up front to those I nominate since this now falls on you and one of the rules is I have to nominate others.*
(*Editor’s note: Bad things will not happen to anyone if the rules are not followed within fourteen days.** That is a myth of chain letters, not blog awards.)
(**Clarification to Editor’s note: Bad things could still happen in those fourteen days, but they would be coincidental to the award, not because of it.)
Rules of Sunshine Blogger Awards:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Pingback the link (via comment) to the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions asked.
- Nominate up to 10 bloggers and ask them to answer your 11 questions.
- List the rules and display the logo of the Sunshine Blogger Award.
Numbers 1, 2 and 5 are completed above. Here are my answers to Navin’s questions:
- What would you like to do in your free time ?
- A. Spend time with my family or read.
- What drives you crazy in life?
- A. Myself not letting things go.
- What kind of person are you, introvert or extrovert?
- A. Very much an introvert who pretends to be an extrovert.
- Have you gone through any book recently? if yes, please name it.
- What you prefer to do in your holidays?
- A. Spend time with my immediate family and go someplace peaceful.
- Do you like any kind of sport?
- A. Yes. Soccer, Penn State Football, Bicycle Races, and, for some odd reason, Australian Rules Football.
- Are you a fitness freak person? if yes, name your favorite one.
- A. No. Walking is the extent of my exercise.
- Do you like to listen to music?
- A. Yes. A variety of genres.
- What is the main thing you like about other’s Blog?
- A. The unique styles. How people manipulate the words and phrasing to tell their stories.
- Do you like to do adventurous things?
- A. Generally no. I like calm and relaxed.
- How do you handle the things when bad phase comes in life?
- A. Badly. Usually all five stages of grief make an appearance. Even for little things.
Now, my questions and nominations.
Questions: I figured I’d put them first so the nominees can decide if they want to answer them.
- Do your RL family and friends know you write poetry and read your poetry?
- Is what you write mostly based on reality, or mostly made up?
- If you could make a living writing poetry, would you want to?
- Do you prefer to write rhyming or non-rhyming poetry, or just whatever comes out when you write?
- Did you read poetry before you started writing poetry?
- In a bookstore or online, would you buy a book of poetry to read now?
- Do you prefer to write with a pen and paper, computer keyboard, phone, or something else (what)?
- Do you have a specific writing time, or just whenever the mood hits you?
- Are you generally more sunny or cloudy?
- Have you ever attempted to give up writing?
- All things considered, would you rather a sunny day on Sesame Street or in Philadelphia?
Nominations: For those I nominate, and it was hard to limit my selections, whether you choose to participate or not is up to you and won’t stop me from reading what you write. But it is my way of letting people know I think you have a blog worth reading.